COVID-19 Arena Policy Updates
COVID-19 Arena Policy Updates
What's Changing Inside the Arena:
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory inside FedExForum at all times
- Practice social distancing and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you/your group and others
- Ticketed seats have been placed 6 feet apart to allow for social distancing between groups
- No food or beverage will be allowed in the seating bowl and may only be consumed on the concourse or in designated areas throughout the arena
- Contactless transactions at concession stands will be implemented soon
- Concession offerings will all be individual, prepackaged food and drink items
These mandatory practices are being instituted to help stop the spread of COVID-19, including the wearing of face masks, staying socially distant from other groups as well as frequent handwashing.
Face Mask Policy
Consistent with the Face Mask Directive No. 4 issued by the Shelby County Health Department on December 21, as well as league face mask policies, all guests, staff, vendors and any other attendees at FedExForum will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
No food or beverage will be allowed in the seating bowl and may only be consumed on the concourse or in designated areas throughout the arena. Food or beverages will not be allowed in your seats at this time. The NBA has further designated that face shields, bandanas, gators, and masks with valves will not serve as appropriate substitutes for face masks.*
All guests and staff at FedExForum must practice social distancing and maintain at least six feet of distance from other groups and individuals at all times. Signage encouraging groups to remain socially distant will be visible upon arrival, entry and in/around the concourses. Ticketed seats inside FedExForum have been appropriately spaced to allow for six feet of social distance between groups. At this time, and based on seating configurations per event, seating capacity within FedExForum is expected to be 20%. Available capacity within FedExForum is subject to change at any time in accordance with Shelby County Health Directives and well as direction from the NBA League Office. FedExForum has also installed more than 300 hand sanitizing stations throughout the concourses, elevators and other common areas for easy and ample access for guests.
In accordance with Shelby County Health Directives and NBA policies, the possibility of COVID-19 testing for fans seated in certain areas within FedExForum for Grizzlies games is currently being explored, with additional updates to follow.
Bag Policy and New Screening Measures
The bag policy at FedExForum remains the same (no bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are allowed) but there will be additional safety measures taken upon entry in to the arena, including the use of X-ray machines to screen all bags. The use of X-ray machines will be a contactless step that takes the place of manual bag searches. Wristlets and small clutches will also be subject to additional screening via X-ray machine, but there will be designated express lines for expedited entry into FedExForum for those choosing to forego carrying a bag.
Before You Arrive Checklist:
- Download the Grizzlies Mobile App (turn on notifications, Bluetooth, and location services)
- From the mobile app, log into Account Manager and Ticketmaster to ensure you can access your Mobile Tickets
- Complete the FedExForum COVID-19 Survey on the mobile app
- Bring your face mask (face masks are mandatory at all times in FedExForum)
FedExForum made the switch to mobile ticketing last season but beginning this December single game tickets purchased at the FedExForum Box Office will also move to mobile delivery. Tickets purchased at the Box Office will be delivered to guests by text or email at the time of purchase, and guests will self-scan their mobile device at entry. Guests should always add tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to approaching FedExForum, and phones should remain unlocked during the scanning process.
FedExForum will encourage early arrival for all games and events, and all entrances will be opened in order to allow fans to spread out and reduce entry wait times. Arena maps with available entry points will be located in the official FedExForum mobile app, which is part of the official Memphis Grizzlies mobile app. Guests exiting FedExForum will be encouraged to maintain social distancing.
Mobile App and COVID-19 Survey
Both FedExForum and the Memphis Grizzlies encourage all guests to download the official Grizzlies Mobile App, which includes a section for FedExForum, from the App Store for iPhone or the Google Play store for Android devices. After downloading the app, guests are encouraged to turn on Bluetooth, location services and enable notifications from the app that will offer important and relevant information both in advance of arriving at FedExForum as well as tips once arriving onsite.
All guests must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entry into FedExForum, which is located on the home page of the Grizzlies mobile app. Guests will only be admitted to FedExForum upon successful completion of the questionnaire, including meeting all the requirements of the questionnaire.
- Early arrival for guests is encouraged, all entrances will be opened in order to allow fans to spread out and reduce entry wait times
- All bags will be scanned with new X-ray machines
- Self-scan your mobile ticket at entry, please ensure your phone is unlocked and brightness is turned up prior to attempting to scan
Amenities and Concessions
Coming to FedExForum in the near future will be contactless transactions at concession stands throughout the arena. Contactless transactions will benefit both guests and staff, as guests will have the opportunity to scan their own cards or tap to pay with services such as Apple Pay and Google Pay. When the contactless transactions are fully operational, the opportunity to pay for concessions with cash will be greatly reduced and will occur at designated concession stands. Until further notice, and as a result of COVID-19 health and safety measures, concession offerings will all be individual, prepackaged food and drink items. No refills on soda and popcorn will be offered until further notice, and all condiments will be individually packaged and available upon request.
* Fans who have a medical condition that exempts them from wearing a face mask must provide advance notice to the Grizzlies. After providing the Grizzlies with advance notice, any fan who is unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition must (I) wear a face shield in place of a face mask and (ii) bring a written statement from a medical professional licensed in Tennessee, Arkansas or Mississippi confirming that such individual has a medical condition which prevents them from wearing a face mask. Entry to FedExForum will be denied if any fan (i) fails to provide advance notice and refuses to wear a face mask or (ii) provides advance notice but refuses to wear a face shield. Fans seeking medical exemptions must reach out to email@example.com and receive confirmation from the Grizzlies that a face shield is acceptable in advance of attending any game or event.